
They say that you never realise what you have until it’s gone.
Grandma passed away recently, after five days of suffering. She has never been this sick. I remember quietly in my heart asking God to take her life, should her suffering be prolonged. It’s like having a bad dream. The whole process was surreal.
She was one of the biggest influences in my life. She is not the type of grandma that you only visit during hari raya, holidays or kenduri. I grew up with her. The only time gap that I had was when I’m away during my uni days.
Having her here in KL was a blessed. When my life falling apart or I’m all stressed out due to the little things or the big things, the quick remedy was to turn to her. It’s not that I’m telling her my problems but being with her allows me to keep my feet on the ground. The story-telling session which involved our past (of love, sacrifices and growing up), the old secret recipe of cooking and wise word from her somehow makes me realised what is more important in life. It’s like coming back to a safe place called home to the family where you belong. No Judgment, No Question. Just Acceptance.
In my previous entry of Jentayu, was actually for her. She reminds me of Jentayu song – Patah sayap bertongkat paruh, Patah paruh bertongkat siku, Patah siku bertongkat dagu, Patah dagu bertongkat kuku. She was able to take care of herself right until the end. She always tries her best to do everything on her own. Tak nak menyusahkan sesiapa katanya.
A friend of mine told me – A person is only dead if you stop remembering her. Grandma, you are loved and missed. Thank You. My prayers will always be with you. Al-Fatehah.
Grandma passed away recently, after five days of suffering. She has never been this sick. I remember quietly in my heart asking God to take her life, should her suffering be prolonged. It’s like having a bad dream. The whole process was surreal.
She was one of the biggest influences in my life. She is not the type of grandma that you only visit during hari raya, holidays or kenduri. I grew up with her. The only time gap that I had was when I’m away during my uni days.
Having her here in KL was a blessed. When my life falling apart or I’m all stressed out due to the little things or the big things, the quick remedy was to turn to her. It’s not that I’m telling her my problems but being with her allows me to keep my feet on the ground. The story-telling session which involved our past (of love, sacrifices and growing up), the old secret recipe of cooking and wise word from her somehow makes me realised what is more important in life. It’s like coming back to a safe place called home to the family where you belong. No Judgment, No Question. Just Acceptance.
In my previous entry of Jentayu, was actually for her. She reminds me of Jentayu song – Patah sayap bertongkat paruh, Patah paruh bertongkat siku, Patah siku bertongkat dagu, Patah dagu bertongkat kuku. She was able to take care of herself right until the end. She always tries her best to do everything on her own. Tak nak menyusahkan sesiapa katanya.
A friend of mine told me – A person is only dead if you stop remembering her. Grandma, you are loved and missed. Thank You. My prayers will always be with you. Al-Fatehah.
No comments:
Post a Comment